DO NOT DISTURB
As the name depicts this feature helps the users to inhibit your iPhone from interrupting during a meeting or sleeping. This option in iPhone stops any kind of notification, alert and calls sound or screen light when the phone is locked.
Using this feature you can customize a period of time also called quiet hours when you want your phone to activate DO NOT DISTURB. It is a very useful option especially in daily life like when you are sleeping at night or busy in a meeting. Just schedule the hours when you don’t want to be disturbed.
DO NOT DISTURB Exceptions
There are two exceptions that can be set while using this option.
- The first one is contact based in which you can select certain numbers to ring through even when the phone is in DND Mode. You can set Allow calls from numbers manually. This is very useful when you have to get an important call.
- The second exception is when a person tries to call you repeatedly (defined as a second call from the same person within three minutes), the phone will ring it through the DND Mode. It is essential to have such exceptions when the phone is in DO NOT DISTURB Mode in case of emergency.
Limitations of DND Feature
- It also doesn’t work when the screen is unlocked but you can set the silence on even when the screen is unlocked by selecting “Silence iPhone any time Do Not Disturb is on” and tap “Always”.
- Remember that DO NOT DISTURB feature does not affect alarms.
How to Enable Do Not Disturb on your iPhone
There are two ways to turn on the DND mode i.e. manually & through Control Center. It is quite easy to enable DND on your iPhone. Follow the steps mentioned below to enable it:
ENABLE DND MODE MANUALLY
- To manually turn on the DND Mode, go to the Settings in your iPhone.
- Tap on Do Not Disturb from the settings menu and toggle on the Do Not Disturb option.
ENABLE DND MODE THROUGH CONTROL CENTER
- You can enable it by asking Siri to do it for you. Just command “Turn on Do Not Disturb”. This article will help you know about Siri and how to make use of it http://askcaty.com/what-is-siri-and-how-to-activate-it-on-iphone-x-and-succeeding/
- It can also be enabled from the control center. Swipe up the control center, and tap on Crescent icon. The Crescent icon will show on the top of the screen when it’s on.
- You can choose the time period after which you want to end DND mode by pressing the icon in the control center and selecting the duration.